Monday, March 16, 2009

Keitai = happiness
Japanese Keitai are amazing. I can send email to anyone I want in the world. yay! you can send email to my phone too! aakcasu@softbank.ne.jp. (surprisingly "audrey@softbank..." was taken...) I'll probably get it right away unless I'm in class. They use email like we use texting, so you can add little emoticons. However, the emoticons here are 3D, bounce around, dance and there are hundreds of options. You can even put a little picture of a guy swimming; his arms and the waves move. It's so cool!

Oh! I was in a hyakuen shop (dollar store) on Thursday and I bought Melon 'n Cream Mentos. They sound disgusting but I bought them, tried them, and even though I don't like melon, I really liked them. They didn't taste like melon at all really. And then Saturday I went to 7-11 (which is way better than in the US) and bought Cola flavored Mentos. They also had grape and fruit mix. The cola were pretty good, kind of spicy.

I stopped by Makudanoru (McDonalds) to get a coke, I got a small and it was about the size of a children's drink in the US. The Medium was about the size of a US small and I'm assuming the large = a US medium. That's the closest I've gotten to American food in the past 2 weeks. I think the coke uses real sugar, like the coke from Mexico. It's yummy. We had Pizza Hut pizza (among other things) for Ann's birthday dinner. It was pretty good.

I had my first non-nihon-go (japanese) class on Friday. The professor was drugged out on allergy medicine so he seemed out of his mind crazy. But the class should be really cool, it's Japanese Philosophy, so we study the different religions/beliefs. It should be fun.

Otoosan gets an asian glow after one beer. (ha... like Starlie )

No comments:

Post a Comment