Thursday, May 28, 2009

I have more to write, but for now this is all.

Saturday was the JSP Happyokai where we all had to get on stage in front of an audience of our host families and TIU friends and give a speech, perform a skit, etc. I was so nervous. I did my presentation with the two other girls in my class. Since we're A class no one was expecting anything spectacular, but low and behold, ours was probably the best, and I'm not saying that just because it was ours. We got the most laughs, most applauds and most post-show compliments. In film class we learned the in the times of silent films and before dubbing and subtitles were used, dubbing and sound effects were done live by a performer called a Benshi. Unlike American silent films where the dialogue was in text form, in Japan the Benshi would voice every character and the details of the story were really up to him to decide. So, for our happyokai presentation, we created a silent film, made is black and white and grainy, and dubbed it live on stage. It was awesome. Our video and script were hilarious. It was a lot of fun. Oh and my introduction included me saying (in Japanese of course): "Japanese is a little difficult..." followed by a perfectly executed Japanese tongue twister. I got lots of laughs for that one.

I went swimming! My life is now exponentially better, but I'm really tired. I didn't even swim that much I don't think. I was in for about and hour and 15 minutes. Right as I was getting out this lady asked me if I could show her daughter how to swim breaststroke, and I proceeded to do so and teach her to the best of my abilities in Japanese. It was awesome. I love swimming. But now I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment