Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oops!

Yesterday... I lost my wallet. I don't know what happened! One minute I had it, the next I couldn't pay for dinner! Apparently, I dropped somewhere near the station. Good thing I live in the land revered for it's reputation of getting-things-back-if-you-lose-them.

This morning I received three missed calls from the local koban (police box). They had my wallet! All I had to do was drive down to the main police station and claim it. They had taken everything out and made me check it all, making sure everything was there before I took it (because I know to the 1 yen how much I had in there right? I at least knew how many bills I had...).  I was amused that they didn't take out the few dimes and pennies and earrings I had in there and make me check those too. After filling out a short form, I was back in action.

It's a good thing I wasn't without it long, because technically, it's illegal for me to walk around without my Alien Registration card.

No comments:

Post a Comment