Thursday, April 2, 2009

Totorooooo

Today I went on a field trip with my film class to the Ghibli Museum. It was pretty cool. Makes me want to watch Miyazaki movies.

We also stopped at a famous gelato shop and a shrine. It was in a really cool area of Tokyo. There were a lot of cool little restaurants and shops, I will definitely be going back at some point. It's kinda far, but that's okay. The third line you take to get there, the Chuo Line, has the most suicides (people jumping in front of the train), so on the train it announces "the train may stop suddenly in case of an accident." The other lines don't have that warning.

Speaking of which, the other night there was such an accident. The trains were stopped for a long time. It took my host dad twice as long that normal to get home. The trains were all off schedule, but when I was going home, I got the station just as one was pulling up, so I guess I lucked out.
For people that try not to inconvenience others at all, the way commit suicide is very ironic. Jumping in front of the train inconveniences EVERYONE.

It was hailing today. I asked my friend when the weather was going to start getting better, and he responded saying "my host dad told me that the weather is like a woman's heart and is always changing." It made me laugh. I want the weather to get better so I don't have to wear a jacket anymore.

I wish I could stay for another semester but then I wouldn't graduate on time.

There are signs everywhere in Tokyo promoting Tokyo 2012, I hope they get it.

I put hot pink shoelaces in my shoes. They look cool. It's a little loud, but I'm in Japan, so I'm over it.

I got a postcard from Mia today! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment